top of page
  • Writer's pictureBrandant Robinson

Let's Start a New Build

I went through my stash of blades that have already been heat treated. I had several different designs to choose from, but finally decided on a Talon. I have only made one of these before which was for a custom order. You can look back through some of my more recent posts if you want to see how that one turned out.

For this knife, I decided to use titanium for the liners and bolsters, 416ss for the spacer, and some dyed and stabilized maple burl for the scales. Should look pretty cool.

Here is the knife in it's initial assembly. The bolsters and scales have been dovetailed at 30 degrees which locks the scales in place and looks really neat on the finished piece.

And here's the knife after spending a couple hours at the grinder, shaping and polishing the handle. This is going to be a really handsome knife. I'm still trying to decide what type of finish to use for the bolsters. I think I might go for an anodized orange peel finish in a color that will compliment the green scales. I'm open to suggestions if anyone cares to share an idea. Thanks for following along with me on this build.

- Brandant Robinson

9 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page